Passing Coaching Actuaries VEE courses fulfills SOA and CAS VEE requirements.
Please Note: Microeconomics and Macroeconomics both are required for VEE Economics credit.
VEE Microeconomics is a study-at-your-own-pace course, allowing you to finish anytime within the 120-day subscription. The course is laid out to be studied in 8 weeks, but you can finish in 4 weeks or 12 weeks if you like.
This flexible course includes high quality video lessons, 5 homework assignments, and a final exam. You can complete this course at your own pace within the subscription period (120 days). Completion of the course is eligible for SOA VEE credit for Microeconomics.
- 8 units of Engaging, Visual Video Lessons & Readings
- Coaches available during office hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST via e-mail or discussion forum
- Access the course on any modern browser (including IE 10+) on most computers, tablets, and smartphones
- 50% of course grade from 5 assignments (10% each)
- 50% of course grade from final exam.
- The final exam is a 1.5-hour, closed-note and closed-text, online multiple-choice exam.
- The exam is dynamically generated from a large question bank, ensuring each exam is unique.
- The final exam must be proctored. You can provide your own proctor or Coaching Actuaries may be able to provide one at no additional charge. If you need to reschedule your final exams proctored by CA team members, you will be charged a $25 fee.
- Pass Guarantee - If you do not pass, you can take the class again for free.
- The textbook for this VEE course is highly recommended and is used for both courses. You may purchase the textbook at VitalSource for $65.30. VitalSource only works in the US/Canada.
Covers Major Topics of Microeconomics:
- Demand and Supply Analysis
- Consumer Demand: Production, Utility, Consumption, & Choice
- Profit Maximization & Productivity
- Competition & Market Structures
- Must read the course syllabus carefully and follow the guidelines provided.
- Must complete the course within 120 days. If you need to pause your subscription, our Support Team can put your subscription on hold for a $25 fee.
Mike Carmody, FSA, CFA, MAAA
Keith Lo, FSA